Friday, September 4, 2009

My baby got her FIRST haircut











I've had mixed feelings about cutting this gorgeous hair since Maddi was 6 months old. She was born with these beautiful locks and with tender loving care they were still healthy and gorgeous, just uneven because of how baby hair grows. I don't know how other moms out there feel or if it's even a big deal to them, but it was difficult to pull myself towards this haircut for a long time. My baby has never been bald (I don't even know what her head looks like under that hair) and it's sort of like crossing a bridge. If that makes sense. I just want to bottle her up and keep her young, beautiful and baby FOREVER! But also let her grow and bloom and see what a wonderful little person she comes to be. A little mixed feelings there as well. Being a mom isn't easy, but it is the most amazing thing in the world. I wouldn't change my life or alter it in any way...this life is the exact life I was born to lead. She was always suppose to be here, and I was always suppose to be here for her. So, watching this young woman cut my most precious babies hair off was hard, to put it mildly. I know this is the first of many (many that I cut on my own) and it's a milestone for her and I, I just can't help but think time really just does pass by unless you embrace each and every moment and take a mental picture. That way when time has gone by you can relive these precious times over and over in your mind. They come and go and sometimes we don't take the time to notice...Ahhh, but this time I did!! And I have a very clear picture in my mind of my girl and the love that surrounds her every single minute of every single day!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Wife and mother to the most amazing two people in the world! This alone does not define me...I'm a traveler, a wisher, a lover and a giver!