Not the best reasons to visit the Salad bowl, but we'll be heading North to see my grandpa in the Hospital. He just underwent surgery for Colon cancer and is in recovery. I'm very excited and nervous to see him. He's 75 and with everything that's wrong with him the doctor says he's an a amazing man, and shouldn't be alive. Wow! That's hard to hear, but it's also wonderful cause he's such a stubborn old fart. Since the big family blow up 11 years ago, I've only spoken to him once and sent letters...so this will be the first time since 1998 that I've seen him or my aunt, uncle and cousins. I'm most excited to see Zak, a cousin who as a teenager I use to take care of 24/7. He use to call me mom, because I was with him more than his own mother (my aunt). He's now 6 foot and almost 14...seems I've missed out on ALOT. I am trying to be the bigger person and put all the hurt and anger aside and try to start fresh. Even though I still feel as though they should apologize. I will try my hardest NOT to see my other aunt, because frankly, I can't stand her and she was the source of the whole problem in the first place. A family with money always spawns a sibling to feel as though they are entitled to EVERYTHING. That is her, in a nutshell. Anywho, I'm VERY excited to introduce my husband and daughter to my dads side of the family...and possibly mend some very old wounds and have some closure on that portion of my childhood. Yay! It will be nice to drive by the old home and reminese about my childhood. Sometimes I miss Salinas, old friends, old places and just the area in general...with the temperate weather and vegetation everywhere!
It will be a short trip, but long time coming. I just want to be reunited and heal from the experience!
Friday, May 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Adventures in Wonderland
- Wife and mother to the most amazing two people in the world! This alone does not define me...I'm a traveler, a wisher, a lover and a giver!
No comments:
Post a Comment